Look Beyond the Hills
Why not spend spring semester in Maine? Or travel abroad to Jordan for your junior year?
Deerfield is proud to offer a number of partnerships across the continental US and abroad to diversify your education. Deerfield also sponsors a number of faculty-led trips every year.
Ready to apply? Begin the process now.
The deadline for completed application forms to the Academic Dean’s Office is January 15th, 2014.
Keep in mind the application deadline for your program. Most programs starting in the fall will have a deadline in late January or early February.
Be sure to thoroughly research the program of your choice!
Not all programs will have a similar curriculum to Deerfield’s. Be sure to talk with the Director of Studies about how a term or year away will affect your courses.
- Parents pay term-away programs directly.
- DA tuition will be remitted on a pro-rated per diem basis for the time a student is at a term-away program.
- Parents must cover any difference between DA tuition and term-away programs’.
- We will not support—financially or by offering credit—unsanctioned programs.
Questions about financial aid? Please direct financial aid questions to the Director of Financial Aid.
I am applying for my…
#Not recommended, and only with permission of the Academic Dean’s Office
*School Year Abroad China also offers the option of students attending for one semester (September-December)
Students seeking financial aid should contact the Director of Financial Aid.
Applying to Term/Yearlong Programs
Please complete each of these steps as you go through the application process:
- Meet with the Director of Studies. You may need to alter your academic program in order to attend a study-away program.
- Have your parents fill out the Parental Permission Form.
- Fill out Deerfield’s Application Form.
- Request your transcript and recommendations. Remember, we will not release your transcript until you have met with the Director of Studies.
- Complete your program’s application.
- Complete and submit the Student Checklist for Term-Away Applications.
Please note that the Application Form is not an application for a term- or year-away program. It is the first step in an approval process that determines whether you will have Deerfield’s support when you apply to the program.
Your application will be vetted by an Approval Committee consisting of the Director of Studies, Dean of Students, Director of College Advising, Director of Global Studies, and Academic Dean who, in conjunction with advisor input, will determine the viability of student requests to study away.
Here is the timeline for study-away applications and their approval process:
- December 2: Term-Away Meeting
- Mid-December-January 15: Meet with Director of Studies
- January 15: Application due to AD Office
- Early Winter: Program applications due
- February 28: Financial arrangements vetted
- March 1: Approved students notified